Lazy days. I cannot imagine being back at home, making my own bed, doing my own dishes, cooking my own food (not that I do that anyway!)
Princess cruise notes --
-- right now, a live string quartet is playing Handel's Watermusic in the seven story atrium plaza
-- this ship has 19 decks...I haven't visted all of them yet. The ship is HUGE!
-- I attended "Movies Under the Stars" last night. There is a huge plasma screen on deck 16, and there are deck chairs set up all around it. The deck stewards come around with blankets for everyone. Then, once the movie starts (last night it was Ratatouille), they come around again with bags of popcorn. The ultimate was when they actually came around with warm cookies and glasses of milk
-- I am even at the casino. The 6 deck constant automatic shuffler machines keep everyone off count!
I loved Barcelona and will have to go back to see everything I want to see there. Our tour visited one of the Gaudi apartment buildings -- all curvy and ornate, but really lovely. Then we spent the afternoon at the Picasso museum and saw more Picasso's than I know existed in the world. His mom must have saved every picture she had attached to the fridge! There were sketches from when he was a child all the way through his blue and red periods. His early portraits were absolutely gorgeous. I still don't understand the cubist stuff.
Princess cruise notes --
-- right now, a live string quartet is playing Handel's Watermusic in the seven story atrium plaza
-- this ship has 19 decks...I haven't visted all of them yet. The ship is HUGE!
-- I attended "Movies Under the Stars" last night. There is a huge plasma screen on deck 16, and there are deck chairs set up all around it. The deck stewards come around with blankets for everyone. Then, once the movie starts (last night it was Ratatouille), they come around again with bags of popcorn. The ultimate was when they actually came around with warm cookies and glasses of milk
-- I am even at the casino. The 6 deck constant automatic shuffler machines keep everyone off count!
I loved Barcelona and will have to go back to see everything I want to see there. Our tour visited one of the Gaudi apartment buildings -- all curvy and ornate, but really lovely. Then we spent the afternoon at the Picasso museum and saw more Picasso's than I know existed in the world. His mom must have saved every picture she had attached to the fridge! There were sketches from when he was a child all the way through his blue and red periods. His early portraits were absolutely gorgeous. I still don't understand the cubist stuff.

Lisbon underwhelmed me. Very 1950's architecture, very cold seeming and inhospitable. Lots of monuments to explorers and the "New World." I must admit, I had forgotten just how much those Portuguese got around.

We had our first rocky evening last night --- Force 9 (Gale) winds which really smacked up hard against the 19 decks. Thank goodness the seas were fairly calm or it could have been a really rough night! All is smooth and calm today - sun is shining and I actually have a little tan.
I decided not to play bridge today - taking the day off. The only activity planned for today was Team Trivia. My team is in second place overall. This morning's topic was Movies.....we knew which year Gone With the Wind premiered (1939), but couldnt get the date correct (it was December 15, we guess December 25th, but they wouldn't give it to us!). This afternoon is General Knowledge again - who knows what the questions will be like.
Tomorrow is our last land until we get home -- my tour for the Azores will include one blue lake and one green lake. Too funny!
I started this trip thinking it would be never-ending. There was one day, a few days ago, that was a little lonely. Today I'm sorry the whole adventure comes to an end in a week. The entire month has been a blur, and I'm looking forward to reliving it all by sharing more tales with all of you and reviewing the pictures I've taken. I'm so lucky to be able to do this!
No comments:
Post a Comment